Skip to main content


Keep up to date with the latest news about planning and financing a college education and preparing for your financial future, from experts here at MEFA and across the industry. Browse through our blog and use it as your very own college planning guide.

Tax Forms Related to Higher Education
We offer guidance on the 1098-T, 1098-E, 1099-DIV for U.Plan, and 1099-Q. …
By Meredith Barnhart    |
Transfer your funds by completing Form 8888 using your online tax software, listing the accounts into which you would like your refund deposited, and attaching the form to your federal income tax return. …
By Jonathan Hughes    |
Tax Tips for Parents
You may be eligible for a MA college savings tax deduction or dependent care expenses credit.…
By Sherri Galego    |
By Julie Shields-Rutyna    |
Share FacebookTwitterLinkedinEmail