Training and Events
MEFA's free training and events are specifically designed to help you better serve college-bound students and earn Professional Development Points (PDP). Our offerings include on-site training sessions, live and recorded webinars, and professional conference seminars — all of which are aligned with MASCA's MA Model and the Massachusetts Career Development Education (CDE) Benchmarks. Learn More
We send a Counselor Virtual Kit at the beginning of every school year to help you as you guide families through the college preparation process. If you misplaced your kit, you can access the contents below. And if you didn't receive one, sign up for our emails to make sure you do next year.
- MEFA's Understanding Financial Aid Handout, a fact sheet full of financial aid information
- The Senior Year Timeline, a calendar of important events for college-planning seniors
- MEFA Pathway Handout, an introduction to Massachusetts' dynamic new college and career planning portal
- Access to MEFA in the Community, a link to our extensive events calendar
- MEFA Resources to Help You, a summary of the different ways we offer assistance to the school counselor community
All the Support You Need
At MEFA, we are committed to providing school counselor resources and helping you provide guidance for college-bound students and their families.
MEFA Webinars for Families
We coordinate with high schools and community organizations to conduct free, live and on-demand webinars for students and parents. These webinars conducted by MEFA staff and other industry experts, cover a range of topics related to college planning.