Skip to main content
We remain dedicated to serving you during these challenging times of COVID-19.

Filing Financial Aid Forms with Divorced or Separated Parents

If you’re divorced or separated, you may have questions about completing financial aid forms. On this episode of The MEFA Podcast, MEFA's Associate Director of College Planning Jonathan Hughes breaks how to complete these forms, including maintaining confidentiality between parents, which parent completes the forms, how to determine the custodial parent, and how to keep the financial aid office involved. Jonathan also answers listener’s questions about changes to the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, adding additional colleges to the FAFSA, and applying your student loan when you transfer schools. Jonathan is joined by MEFA's Director of College Planning, Julie Shields-Rutyna, and Wheaton College’s Director of Student Financial Services, Susan Beard.

subscribe to itunes         Subscribe on Android

Resources Mentioned in this Episode

Public Service Loan Forgiveness


MEFA Loans

The College Board

Applying for Financial Aid When Parents Are Divorced

Share FacebookTwitterLinkedinEmail