After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Recognize how students can find appropriate support services
- Understand how to prepare students for college-level work
- Educate students with disabilities and their parents on the resources available as they transition to post-secondary education
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Attend the live Preparing High School Students with Disabilities For College Success webinar on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 2:00 PM presented with Sarah Lazare and Kaitlin Karetka of Westfield State University, Jenna Shales of Bridgewater State University, and Cindy MacDonald of Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
Register for the webinar
- Download a copy of the Preparing High School Students with Disabilities For College Success webinar slides
- Read MEFA's blog, Helping Your Student with a Disability Transition to College
- Read MEFA's blog, College Planning for Students with Disabilities
Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1 PDP for this lesson.
Join our Community
Sign up for relevant, helpful college planning emails.