After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Identify major components of the college financial aid process
- Speak to the FAFSA, the CSS Profile, and how financial aid decisions are made
- Assist students and families who are going through the financial aid process
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Attend the live College Financing webinar on Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 8:00 AM or Watch the recording of our A Beginner's Look at College Financial Aid webinar, delivered by Susan Beard of Wheaton College
Register for the webinar
- Download a copy of the A Beginner's Look at College Financial Aid webinar slides
- Read MEFA's Understanding Financial Aid for College FAQs
- Watch MEFA's video What are the Three Types of Financial Aid for College Students?
Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1 PDP for this lesson.
Please note: This lesson is intended for counselors who are new to their roles and want all the basics of advising students and families about college financing. For counselors who have been in their role for more time, please explore An Advanced Look at College Financial Aid.