After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Identify major components of the college financial aid process
- Speak to the FAFSA, the CSS Profile, and how financial aid decisions are made
- Assist students and families who are going through the financial aid process
- Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1 PDP for this lesson.
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Watch the College Financing for School Counselors webinar below, delivered by Julie Shields-Rutyna of MEFA
- Download a copy of the College Financing for School Counselors webinar slides
- Read MEFA's Understanding Financial Aid for College FAQs
- Watch MEFA's video What are the Three Types of Financial Aid for College Students?
Join our Community
Sign up for relevant, helpful college planning emails.