Start planning with College Navigator
We love making the college planning process easier. And we aim to do that in a myriad of ways, from our community seminars to our one-on-one counsel to our informative website. We also strive to provide families with the most valuable and relevant tools to use throughout their years of college planning.
As such, we’re pleased to highlight College Navigator as a resource from the Department of Education. Managed by the National Center for Education Statistics within the Department of Education, College Navigator provides an in-depth look into over 7,000 U.S. colleges and universities. With detailed information on every institution, and advanced search capabilities, College Navigator serves as a logical and valuable starting point for the college search process.
Key features of College Navigator include:
- Detailed statistics and information on practically every U.S. college and university, including admissions requirements, academic programs, enrollment numbers, and student services
- A sophisticated college search tool, allowing a user to narrow down schools by attributes such as campus setting, acceptance rate, and miles from home
- The ability to save a search for later, export results into a spreadsheet, and create a favorites list
- Cost and financial aid information, including estimated expenses per academic year, financial aid figures, and average net price paid by students based on family income
- All content also available in Spanish
As you use this tool, and continue in your college planning process, return to mefa.org to stay on track. We’ll continue to provide important information and resources to guide you through these pivotal years.
Join our Community
Sign up for relevant, helpful college planning emails.