Countdown to May 1st
If you have a high school senior at home, you're likely in the thick of conversations with your son or daughter deciding where to attend college next year. It's a difficult decision, as your family weighs the academic, social, and financial aspects of each school. As you work with your child to evaluate the options, we're here to provide you guidance on making the decision – and figuring out how to pay for it.
We have several resources available to help you in the days leading up to May 1st - the enrollment decision deadline. Explore each one as you narrow down your options and make a financing plan.
- Our Financial Aid Fact Sheet provides descriptions of the most common types of financial aid.
- Use our My College Cost Calculator to compare financial aid offers and calculate your balance due at each school.
- You'll want to review our Important Questions to Ask the Financial Aid Office to ensure you have a clear understanding of your financial aid and college cost.
- You can view our Paying the College Bill webinar anytime. It provides an overview of financial aid, how to calculate the balance due at each college, and options to pay your bill.
- Use our Loan Payment Calculator to learn about the five different MEFA loan options, and to find out monthly payment amounts and total loan cost.
- Our Be a Wise Borrower sheet offers tips on private education loans. Make sure to review it before you borrow.
As you evaluate your options and put together a financing plan, reach out to us for guidance. We're happy to talk over the phone, (800) 449-MEFA (6332), or via email, email@example.com. We also answer questions on social media, so connect with us anytime on Facebook or Twitter.
Sign Up for Emails
college planning tips.