MEFA is certified by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) as a registered provider of Professional Development Points (PDP). All webinars are aligned with MASCA's MA Model and the Massachusetts Career Development Education (CDE) Benchmarks.
Massachusetts DESE requirements state that PDPs may be issued only after a minimum of 10 hours of professional development in a single content area, supported by Evidence of Learning Forms. After attending a MEFA Institute webinar, download and complete an Evidence of Learning Form here. Please keep in mind that:
- You will need to complete the Evidence of Learning Form in its entirety.
- You must keep your MEFA Evidence of Learning Forms in your records. MEFA does not maintain copies.
- You should not submit your MEFA Evidence of Learning Forms until you have reached the 10-hour minimum. Keep in mind that some webinars may be less than 1 hour; therefore, you may need more than 10 webinars to reach 10 hours of training. You may combine your 10 hours from several years of trainings.
Once you have accumulated a minimum of 10 hours of professional development from MEFA webinars, you can request PDPs from your school district or from MEFA.
School District: All Massachusetts school districts are PDP providers, so you may be able to submit your completed MEFA Evidence of Learning Forms directly to your school district for a PDP certificate. Contact your school district for details.
MEFA: To request PDPs from MEFA, follow these steps:
- Submit one copy of each Evidence of Learning Form, totaling at least 10 hours, to Stephanie Wells at email@example.com
- MEFA will review submitted materials and identify professional development hours earned. If we are able to confirm eligibility, MEFA will send a PDP certificate to you.
- If we cannot confirm eligibility, we will return your documents to you with an explanation.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-224-4809.
Note: MEFA is not certified to provide Continuing Education Units (CEU).