After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Guide undocumented students and families to useful college planning and financing resources
- Understand major challenges for undocumented students and families as it relates to college planning and financing
- Utilize best practices when speaking with undocumented students and families
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Attend the live Supporting Undocumented Students in the College Planning Process webinar on Monday, August 30, 2021 at 2:00 PM or Watch the recording of our Supporting Undocumented Students in the College Planning Process webinar, hosted by Andrea Keenan of Excel Academy
Register for the webinar
- Download a copy of the Supporting Undocumented Students in the College Planning Process webinar slides
- Read MEFA's blog, Financial Aid for Undocumented Students or Parents
- Read the Secondary School Counselors section (pages 9-16) of the Resource Guide: Supporting Undocumented Youth
Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1 PDP for this lesson.
Join our Community
Sign up for relevant, helpful college planning emails.