New Procedures in Response to COVID-19
Due to the current landscape changes related to COVID-19, we have modified some of our procedures for loan processing. We encourage you to reach out to our College Relations Team at (800) 449-6332, option #4 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or you need assistance.
- We have suspended all loan certifications via fax. Please use our online system (see below) for all certifications. If this is not possible, please contact us so we can work together to find a solution.
- We are asking all colleges to notify us of your preferred method for receiving loan disbursement funds (options include mailing a check to your address on file or utilizing a wire transfer). If you need to cancel or modify a scheduled disbursement, please contact us.
- We are only able to accept loan refunds through EFT. Please complete our School Refund EFT Transmittal Form for all loan refunds and return it to email@example.com. Please submit your funds based on the instructions at the bottom of the form.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility during this unprecedented time.
Online Loan Certification
Our loan certification system makes it easy to view and certify MEFA Loans. We encourage you to take advantage of this system, and to provide other college administrators at your school with access.
Register for one of our 30-minute upcoming webinars to learn about updates to our MEFA Loan program and resources for families. Within each webinar we will:
- Review recent interest rate changes
- Highlight our online tools and guidance
- Discuss loan certification options
- Demo our loan certification portal
Click the button below to register for one of the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, July 15th @ 12pm
- Thursday, July 23rd @ 12pm
- Wednesday, July 29th @ 12pm
Our Loan Disclosures and Self-Certification Form provide all the important details about our loans.
U.Plan Prepaid Tuition Program
We partner with over 70 Massachusetts colleges and universities to offer the U.Plan Prepaid Tuition Program to families. If your school participates in the U.Plan and you serve as a U.Plan administrator, make sure to create an online account to manage your U.Plan rosters and set up ACH/EFT to receive U.Plan funds electronically.
To set up an online account, please contact Claudia Niles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-224-4811. Please note that you must use one of the following supported desktop browsers to create an online U.Plan account: Google Chrome – two latest versions, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, or Safari for Mac – two latest versions.
Use our U.Plan Distribution Refund Form to refund all or a portion of a student's U.Plan payment to MEFA.
Volunteer with MEFA
During the past year, MEFA reached over 20,000 families through more than 500 seminars on early college planning, college admissions, and college financing. We welcome your participation, so please contact Stephanie Wells at email@example.com if you're interested in serving as a volunteer presenter to speak to families at high schools in your community.