After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Speak to all major components of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Identify the main components of the CSS Profile and understand why colleges and universities utilize the application
- Educate students and parents on financial aid offer components and terminology
- Guide undocumented students and families to useful college planning and financing resources
- Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1.5 PDP for this lesson.
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Watch the webinar Financial Aid Training for GEAR UP MA Advisors (Passcode: V68a1EJ&)
- Download a copy of the Financial Aid Training for GEAR UP MA Advisors webinar slides
- Watch the webinar, Understanding Financial Aid Offers and Paying the College Bill
- Read MEFA's webpage, Different Types of Student Financial Aid
- Watch MEFA's video, What are the Three Types of Financial Aid for College Students?
- Read the Secondary School Counselors section (pages 9-16) of the Resource Guide: Supporting Undocumented Youth
Join our Community
Sign up for relevant, helpful college planning emails.