After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- List common unique circumstances faced by students and families in the financial aid process
- Assist individuals with unique circumstances on how to navigate the college financial aid process
- Educate students and families with finding applicable resources
- Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1 PDP for this lesson.
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Watch the Counseling Students with Unique Circumstances in the Financial Aid Process webinar below, presented by Bob Coughlin, Director of Financial Aid at Wesleyan University, Julie Wickstrom, Director of Financial Assistance at Boston University, and Kevin DeRuosi, Associate Director of Special Programs and Compliance at Salem State University.
- Download a copy of the Counseling Students with Unique Circumstances in the Financial Aid Process webinar slides
- Read MEFA's blog, Applying for Financial Aid When Parents are Divorced
- Read MEFA's resource, College Resources for Veterans & Active Military
Join our Community
Sign up for relevant, helpful college planning emails.