After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on how physically visiting a college campus can impact the college decision-making process
- Understand how objective data from freely available websites can be accessed and utilized without being overwhelming
- Discuss common myths and misconceptions of parents and students about college
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Watch the recording of our Supporting Your Students in Making an Informed College Decision webinar, hosted by Richard Lapan of University of Massachusetts Amherst and Tim Poynton of University of Massachusetts Boston
- Download a copy of the Supporting Your Students in Making an Informed College Decision webinar slides
- Read MEFA's blog, Researching Colleges When You Can't Visit Campus
- Explore the College Search tool in MEFA Pathway after creating a free student account
Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1 PDP for this lesson.
Join our Community
Sign up for relevant, helpful college planning emails.