After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Speak to current federal financial aid policies and legislative updates
- Identify which federal financial aid policies and legislative issues are important to share with families
- Know where to go to stay informed about these issues on an on-going basis
- Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1 PDP for this lesson.
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Attend the live Legislative & Federal Financial Aid Update webinar, presented by Betsy Mayotte, President and Founder of The Institute of Student Loan Advisors (TISLA), on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 9:00 AM.
- Download a copy of the Legislative & Federal Financial Aid Update webinar slides (coming soon)
- Visit NAFSAA's Legislative Tracker for up-to-date news
- Visit Federal Student Aid's Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) page
If you can't make the upcoming live webinar, you can watch the recording of last year's Post-Electoral Prognostication: Predicting Higher Education and Student Loan Policy Initiatives Under the New Administration webinar, presented by Betsy Mayotte of The Institute of Student Loan Advisors (TISLA).