After completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Identify major components of the college financial aid process
- Speak to special considerations for students in the financial aid process
- Guide students who have unique financial circumstances
To complete this lesson, participants will:
- Watch the recording of our An Advanced Look at College Financial Aid webinar, delivered by Jim Slattery of Northeastern University
- Download a copy of the An Advanced Look at College Financial Aid webinar slides
- Read the two MEFA blog posts, Don't Miss These 10 Financial Aid FAQs and 10 More Financial Aid FAQs
- Visit MEFA's College Financing page and explore the resources
Complete the MEFA Institute Evidence of Learning Form to earn 1 PDP for this lesson.
Please note: This lesson is intended for counselors who have been in their jobs for five years or more and feel somewhat knowledgeable about advising students and families on college financing. For counselors who have been in their role for less time, please explore A Beginner's Look at College Financial Aid.