Manager, Community Outreach for MEFA Savings Programs
MEFA is a self-financing quasi-state authority that works to make higher education more accessible and affordable for students and families through community education programs, college savings plans, and low-cost financing options, and helps individuals with disabilities save for disability-related expenses.
MEFA is seeking an enthusiastic and self-directed professional to join its outreach team to focus on educating and building awareness of MEFA's savings programs. The ideal candidate will have experience working with individuals with disabilities, as well as knowledge of savings products, federal benefits, and strategies designed to assist individuals with disabilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with and educating community partners and families on MEFA's products and services with a special focus on Attainable, the Massachusetts ABLE Savings Plan.
Title: Manager, Community Outreach for MEFA Savings Programs
Full-time/Salaried position - Salary commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Director of College Planning, Education, and Training
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and expand upon relationships with a wide range of national, state, and local agencies, organizations, and individuals who work to enhance the lives of individuals with disabilities
- Provide information and training to a network of organizations, who in turn will serve as community advocates to assist MEFA, at a local level, with educating individuals about the Attainable Savings Plan
- Work closely with the Director of MEFA Savings Programs and its program manager to amplify the national Attainable outreach campaign across Massachusetts
- Establish a MEFA Attainable Advisory Board and convene quarterly meetings
- Represent MEFA at professional conferences and industry events
- Identify, cultivate, and engage with local leaders in the disability community to provide Attainable product education and increase awareness at a grassroots level
- Collaborate with MEFA's marketing communications and operations teams to enhance Attainable Savings Plan communications including presentations, blog posts, e-mail content, and website content
- Deliver ongoing training through digital and in-person events and programming
- Serve as an ABLE subject matter expert
- 3-5 years of direct service experience, preferably demonstrated work with individuals with disabilities
- General knowledge of structured tax-advantaged savings products and financial strategies designed for individuals with disabilities
- Experience with ABLE and federal means-tested benefits for individuals with disabilities desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and adaptable communication style to interact with a wide variety of audiences including the disability community, MEFA team members, senior management, external community-based colleagues, and business partners
- Time management and organization skills to plan and execute both large- and small-scale projects and initiatives
- Self-starter, critical and strategic thinker, and team player
- Effective time management, organizational, technology, and leadership skills
- Strong presentation, project management, data analysis, and reporting skills
- Willingness and ability to travel within MA
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): MEFA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.