College is right around the corner. As your child begins visiting schools and filling out applications, you will be trying to figure out how to pay the costs. Rest assured, you can count on MEFA to guide you through the process and help make college more affordable and accessible.
Learn About College Admissions
There’s a lot to know about college admissions. And there’s no better place than MEFA to learn about and link to the information you need.
- Find out how to assemble a list of potential colleges, when to visit schools, how the admissions process works, and many other details on our Applying to College page.
- Attend a MEFA College Admissions seminar at a high school or community organization near you or watch the MEFA College Admissions webinar.
Get the Facts About Paying for College
If you haven’t already explored the world of college costs and financial aid, now is the time. Here are some great ways to get up to speed:
- Learn about the types of financial aid, the criteria that eligibility is based on, and more on our Financial Aid Made Simple page.
- Calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) , which colleges use to determine eligibility for need-based financial aid.
- Estimate your family’s federal financial aid eligibility with the FAFSA4caster.
- Use Net Price Calculators to estimate the amount of financial aid your family may receive from colleges.
- Attend a MEFA College Financing seminar at a high school or community organization near you or watch the MEFA College Financing webinar.
Keep Saving in Your College Fund
The more you save, the less you’ll have to rely on financial aid or private loans to pay for college expenses. So stick to your savings plan and keep contributing to your college fund right up until you receive the first bill. And it’s always a good idea to review the resources available through MEFA.